A man will die, but not his ideas.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Things I've Seen and Heared Lately

Last week I saw Serendipity. I know, I am very old (it is from way back in 2001). But that's the way life goes. I never had the chance to watch it until last week. Anyway, I got hooked to it from the beginning. It is a really charming romantic comedy. I loved the performances of both John Cusack and the lovely Kate Beckinsale. And even though it can be classified as a fantasy movie, I find that the story could happen in real life. After watching it, I had no choice but to add it to my list of favourite movies. By the way, the definition of the word "serendipity" can be found here. And, ironically, I discovered that there is an open-source PHP Weblog/Blog System called Serendipity, check it out.

On the other hand, I deeply hated Closer, a more recent movie (in 2004). Even though this movie is a lot more realistic than Serendipity, I found myself really disgusted from it. I mean, they are like pigs unsatisfied with what they have. I'm surprised that Julia Roberts accepted to be part of this. So, all in all, even though both movies had actors from both the US and the UK, one was really nice and the other was really terrible (wouldn't advise anyone to watch it).

Coming to what I recently heared and enjoyed, I would say The Carpenters' song that Blue has generously shared in her blog, titled "Top of the World" from their 1972 album "A Song for You". Lovely lyrics and a wonderful song. I just can't get over it. Thanks Blue.


Labels: ,


Posted by A :: 8:34 PM :: 4 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

-------------------------------------


Creative Commons License
Unless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by the blog's author and included in the "A man will die, but not his ideas." weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

* Java and the Java Coffee Cup Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems,Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.