A man will die, but not his ideas.

Friday, December 09, 2005

My New PC




I'm now officially using my new PC, at last (thank God). And, man, what a difference! However, I'm also convinced that AMD's new 64-bit processors are a lot better and more stable. Sounds like it is true, Intel is scared of AMD.

Here is what I'm on right now:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.00 GHz 630 (2MB cache) LGA (Hyper-Threading)
Memory: SpecTek 512 MB DDRAM2 533
Motherboard: Gigabyte 945G (Built-In: Intel GMA 950 "128 MB", Realteck ALC 882 CODEC for sound "8 audio channels", Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet)
HDD: 2 x Western Digital Caviar 80 GB
CD-ROM: Asus 52x
CD-R/RW: Sony CRX230E10 52x/32x/52x
Monitor: BenQ FP71E 17" LCD









I guess there's only one final touch left. Namely, getting rid of Windows. I really want to try Solaris 10. However, after two unsuccessful attempts to install the OS, if the third attempt failed, I think I'll settle down for Ubuntu Linux. Either way, I guess I'll have to dual boot because my brother can't just let "Need for Speed Underground 2" go. :)

Posted by A :: 4:46 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

-------------------------------------


Creative Commons License
Unless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by the blog's author and included in the "A man will die, but not his ideas." weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

* Java and the Java Coffee Cup Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems,Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.