A man will die, but not his ideas.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

MDC Is Back...


Just when I was wondering why nothing has been announced until now, I received an e-mail today from Microsoft Middle East inviting me to attend the Microsoft Middle East Developers Conference (MDC) 2006. Looks like the conference was delayed this year until college students finish their exams. It is going to be held at the Cairo International Conference Center from the 5th to the 8th of February. As usual, you have to register online in order to attend. But the locatio is not the only change this year. Another, somewhat expected, change is that Microsoft is now charging an attendance fee of 50 Egyptian pounds paid on the first day. Oh well, it is 4 days of non-stop, except for lunch, sessions after all.

OK, I admit I'm not a Microsoft fan. But as I always say, you should always try to keep an eye on what the other side is doing and where he stands. So, hopefully, I'll attend the conference. Just hope they don't repeat the same mistake again and dedicate a session on how to migrate from Java to .NET. Last time that happened, things got really messy and the endless conflict between the Java camp (my camp) and Microsoft's camp arose to the surface. I also hope they don't forget to send me the confirmation e-mail like they did last year.

Now, if I could only figure out where to stay...

Posted by A :: 9:30 PM :: 4 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

-------------------------------------


Creative Commons License
Unless otherwise expressly stated, all original material of whatever nature created by the blog's author and included in the "A man will die, but not his ideas." weblog and any related pages, including the weblog's archives, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

* Java and the Java Coffee Cup Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems,Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.